IRCTC offering free Rs 50 lakh travel insurance with flight ticket
The Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) has tied up with Bharti AXA General Insurance to offer free Rs 50 lakh travel insurance with every flight ticket booked through the platform.
New Delhi: Air passengers can now avail free-of-cost travel insurance of Rs 50 lakh if they book their tickets through the IRCTC, the catering and tourism arm of the railways, an official statement said.
This facility will be available for passengers irrespective of the class of tickets and for both domestic and international flights. The insurance will provide them financial protection against accidental death and total or permanent disability, the IRCTC statement said.
The insurance partners of the Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) will be Bharti AXA General Insurance, it said.
This story has been published from a wire agency feed without modifications to the text. Only the headline has been changed.
Editor's Picks »
- What to expect from Q3 results of IndiGo, SpiceJet, Jet Airways
- Forget privatisation, govt has hugged its banks tighter
- RIL Q3 result: Flat profit, rising debt are a growing worry
- Q3 results: HUL growth off a high base shows it’s on a roll
- DCB Bank Q3 results: Small loans give big pain as farm, mortgages lift delinquencies