10digi launches home delivery of telecom products in NCR-Delhi
10digi app guarantees activation of SIM cards in 1-4 hours as against 8-48 hours currently
- Solo travel is becoming a big hit among Indian travellers: Report
- Facebook shares fall following fresh privacy breach allegations
- Focussed on bringing next 200 mn Indians into e-commerce fold: Flipkart CEO Kalyan Krishnamurthy
- Reliance Jio tops 4G download speed chart, Idea in upload: Trai
- Shell Eastern to acquire 49% stake in Cleantech Solar
New Delhi: In an attempt to enable delivery of telecom products such as SIM cards, dongles and data cards to doorstep on demand, 10digi launched a web and app-based platform on Tuesday in the capital. From delivering the SIM card to activation and verification is responsibility of 10digi since the company maintains that e-KYC is the backbone of the entire process.
10digi is funded by its parent company, SoftAge Information Ltd, which has invested over Rs75 lakh in the Delhi-NCR region and plans to invest another Rs2 crore across metro cities. 10digi has recruited 500 retailers in the Delhi-NCR region.
“The company provides complimentary delivery of data cards, dongles and SIM cards within the region and the platform allows users to pick up service providers, compare type of plans and mobile number portability, recharge and bill payment options using payment methods preferred in e commerce domain,” 10digi said. The company will also provide mobile devices and accessories in the next phase.
10digi app has tied up with Vodafone, Idea, Tata, BSNL and Reliance Communications. The company aims to expand its footprint to 125 cities by next year and in state capitals by the next quarter. It also plans to tie up with Bharti Airtel and MTNL.
Launched with the tag line “ab ghar baithe SIM mangwao”, the founders of this app, Ozair Yasin and Sherjil Ozair, said that telecom products need a better and controlled distribution channel just as food, medicines and groceries have.
“The mix of GPS tracker technology and CRM services has led to the development of this service; inspiration has been derived from the discovery of various services utilising seamless technology, now Mobile retailers around your location can be found to deliver the telecom products at your doorstep at the time of your choice,” said Sherjil Ozair, co-founder and chief technology officer at 10digi.
The company guarantees activation of SIM cards in 1to 4 hours as against 8 to 48 hours currently. Once the SIM is requested, the nearest mobile retailer tied up with the company will collect the documents and also facilitate photocopies of Identity and address proof and photograph. For customers with aadhaar card, there is instant activation of SIM cards.
Last month, Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd started delivery and e-KYC activation of Jio SIM cards.
Editor's Picks »
- Govt undertook 325 grant projects in partner countries since 2014: V K Singh
- Relief in sight for 50,000 Noida flat buyers as authority plans new agreement
- Hackers stole EU diplomatic cables, says US cybersecurity firm
- UK set to end different visa rules for EU, non-EU citizens
- Niti Aayog for setting up of agri tribunal, replacing MSP with crop auction at reserve price