LIC hikes stake in Asian Paints to 7%
LIC, which had 5.007% stake earlier, increased its shareholding in Asian Paints to 7.01% by buying shares between 19 May 2017, and 2 February 2018
New Delhi: State-owned Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) has hiked its stake in Asian Paints by 2% by buying 1.92 crore shares in the open market.
As per a regulatory filing, LIC, which had 5.007% stake earlier, increased its shareholding in Asian Paints to 7.01% by buying shares between 19 May 2017, and 2 February 2018. Shares of Asian Paints closed at Rs1,121 apiece, up 0.91% on the BSE.
Editor's Picks »
- Artificial intelligence predictions may not always lead to better decisions
- 2G case: Delhi HC defers hearing on CBI, ED plea against acquittals
- Friday Wrap: ‘Parmanu,’ ‘Solo’ make for dull movie week
- In order to grow, we need to get into other markets: Vince Voron
- IHH extends revised offer for Fortis to 30 June
- Motherson Sumi continues to face margin pressure in foreign markets
- What the Warren Buffett indicator tells us about market valuations today
- Jet Airways lands with a thud in Q4 as fuel costs increase
- IBC amendments: Some dilutions, and a lot more speed
- Patanjali’s gambit is paying off in toothpaste wars