Kiran Mazumdar Shaw is new IIM-B chairperson
The Biocon MD replaces RIL’s Mukesh Ambani to become the first woman to hold the position
Mumbai: Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIM-B) has named Biocon Ltd managing director Kiran Mazumdar Shaw chairperson of its board, replacing Reliance Industries Ltd chairman Mukesh Ambani. Mazumdar Shaw is the first woman to take up the post at IIM-B, the institute said in a statement.
Shaw replaces Ambani who was held the post of chairman of board for eight years. The appointment has been notified by the ministry of human resources development, IIM-B said.
- Ford, Walmart collaborate to design automated-vehicle delivery
- KMP Expressway inauguration by PM Modi on 19 Nov: 5 things to know
- OPEC president says group, allies will cut oil output as needed
- Apollo Hospitals Enterprise Q2 net profit up 11%
- Trump praises ‘incredible’ role played by Indian-Americans in his admin