Q2 results: Aurobindo Pharma profit falls nearly 22% to Rs611 crore
Aurobindo Pharma’s net profit was Rs611 crore in the quarter ended 30 September, compared with Rs781 crore a year earlier
Bengaluru: Aurobindo Pharma Ltd, India’s second-largest drugmaker by market capitalisation, posted a 21.7% fall in its second-quarter profit on Monday, hurt by higher expenses, but beat analysts’ estimates.
Net profit was Rs611 crore ($83.81 million) in the quarter ended 30 September, compared with Rs781 crore a year earlier, the company said.
Analysts on average had expected a profit of Rs606 crore, according to IBES data from Refinitiv.
Total expenses rose 14.3% to Rs3,964 crore, while income from operations climbed 7.19% to Rs4,667 crore.
(This story has been published from a wire agency feed without modifications to the text. Only the headline has been changed)
- Amazon partners FISME to educate MSMEs about online selling
- China’s Vivo buys 169 acres land, to invest $559 million in India
- Yes Bank says on track to find CEO Rana Kapoor’s successor within RBI deadline
- Indian Oil share buyback set to be a windfall for govt
- Tata Trusts appoints Vijay Singh, Venu Srinivasan as vice chairmen
Editor's Picks »
- Man sets himself on fire near Sabarimala protest site in Kerala, dies
- US sanctions: Iran falls to 6th biggest oil supplier to India in November
- TRAI makes number porting faster, suggests fine for errant operators
- US markets set to open higher on trade optimism
- Insurance policyholders to get SMS on receipt of premium from 1 January
- Continuing volume momentum puts Indian ports in a good position
- Why did BJP lose Assembly Elections 2018? Retail inflation has answers
- Rural focus drives Hero MotoCorp, but inherent risks linger
- ‘Talk to me’, says RBI governor Shaktikanta Das in relief to markets
- Escorts: Japanese joint venture to hone growth in tractors