Vistara launches Chennai-Delhi service, to connect Port Blair, Cochin
Vistara would also launch service connecting Chennai with Port Blair starting from 1 March 2018 with introductory fares of Rs3,699
Chennai: Full service carrier Vistara on Thursday launched daily direct flights on the Chennai-New Delhi route. The A320 aircraft which was accorded a traditional welcome upon arrival at the airport in Chennai, left for New Delhi at 7:50am with 158 passengers.
Speaking to reporters in Chennai, Vistara chief strategy and commercial officer, Sanjiv Kapoor said, “Chennai-Delhi route is one of the longest in the domestic sector. The airliner will double the frequency between the two cities from 1 March providing same day return options in both directions.”
Vistara would also launch service connecting Chennai with Port Blair starting from 1 March 2018 with introductory fares of Rs3,699. He further said the airliner would also launch daily direct flights between Chennai-Kochi and would also double the daily flights between Chennai and Kolkata sector from 25 March.
With the inclusion of Chennai, the airline now flies to all the metros.
Editor's Picks »
- Artificial intelligence predictions may not always lead to better decisions
- 2G case: Delhi HC defers hearing on CBI, ED plea against acquittals
- Friday Wrap: ‘Parmanu,’ ‘Solo’ make for dull movie week
- In order to grow, we need to get into other markets: Vince Voron
- IHH extends revised offer for Fortis to 30 June
- Motherson Sumi continues to face margin pressure in foreign markets
- What the Warren Buffett indicator tells us about market valuations today
- Jet Airways lands with a thud in Q4 as fuel costs increase
- IBC amendments: Some dilutions, and a lot more speed
- Patanjali’s gambit is paying off in toothpaste wars