JLR global sales rise 3% in January
Tata Motors-owned Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) reports a 3% increase in global sales at 49,066 units in January
New Delhi: Tata Motors Ltd-owned Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) on Wednesday reported a 3% increase in global sales at 49,066 units in January.
Sales of Jaguar brand of vehicles in January were at 14,066 units, a growth of 1%, the company said in a statement. Land Rover range posted sales of 35,000 units in the month, an increase of 4%, it added.
Andy Goss, Jaguar Land Rover group sales operations director, said that the continued demand in China is encouraging, however “we are still facing challenges because of tough trading conditions in our key UK and Europe markets”.
The company said challenging market conditions led to fall in sales in the UK by 4% and in Europe by 9%. However, overseas markets such as Mexico, India and Brazil, saw more positive results, with sales up by 9% to 6,551 units, it added.
At 11.33am, Tata Motors shares traded 1.98% down at Rs381.85 on BSE.
Editor's Picks »
- Same-store sales growth trips at Future Retail
- Cipla Q4 FY18 results no reason to reverse stock underperformance
- Dr Reddy’s Q4: It’s a wait and watch, share price spike notwithstanding
- What SBI Q4 results say about the Indian economy and the bank
- Patanjali’s slowing growth does not mean that Colgate’s is accelerating