Former power secretary Pradeep Kumar Pujari is new CERC chief
Ahmedabad: Pradeep Kumar Pujari, a 1981 batch Gujarat cadre IAS official, who retired as Power Secretary, has been appointed as chairman of Central Electricity Regulatory Commission (CERC) for a period of three years, according to a government order.
The CERC is mandated to regulate the tariff of generating companies owned or controlled by the central government.
In March 2017, Pujari was given additional charge as secretary, telecoms. Pujari has in the past has also held senior positions with the department of agricultural research and education, agriculture ministry.
- Breaking taboos is becoming good for business in India
- Our core strategy is working and showing healthy growth: Wipro CEO Abidali Neemuchwala
- Contract manufacturers of global firms to launch own TV brands
- Affordable homes take centre stage in Mumbai Development Plan
- Market LIVE: Sensex, Nifty trade flat, Wipro shares fall over 4%, Yes Bank gains