Former power secretary Pradeep Kumar Pujari is new CERC chief
Pradeep Kumar Pujari, a 1981 batch Gujarat cadre IAS official, who retired as power secretary, has been appointed as chairman of CERC for a period of three years
Ahmedabad: Pradeep Kumar Pujari, a 1981 batch Gujarat cadre IAS official, who retired as Power Secretary, has been appointed as chairman of Central Electricity Regulatory Commission (CERC) for a period of three years, according to a government order.
The CERC is mandated to regulate the tariff of generating companies owned or controlled by the central government.
In March 2017, Pujari was given additional charge as secretary, telecoms. Pujari has in the past has also held senior positions with the department of agricultural research and education, agriculture ministry.
- Adman Alyque Padamsee, creator of Surf’s Lalitaji, Liril girl and Hamara Bajaj, dead at 87
- Elon Musk’s SpaceX to put 12,000 satellites in orbit
- Petrol, diesel prices continue declining trend. 5 things to know
- Facebook woes sap $17.4 billion of Mark Zuckerberg’s wealth this year
- 3-year bank FDs: SBI, ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank interest rates compared
Latest News »
Editor's Picks »
- Future Retail’s Q2 result shows improvement in same-store sales
- Private insurance firms grow at the expense of LIC stuck with a sick bank
- Page Industries’s lofty valuations get a reality check in Q2
- Q2 results: Grasim’s Vodafone Idea stake is proving costly
- How Vodafone Idea’s $3.5 bn fundraising will impact telecom in India