Anil Ambani’s son Jai Anmol joins Reliance Capital board
- Doing business in India: ‘Substance’ over ‘form’ in transfer pricing regime
- Hong Kong can be India’s gateway to China: Gautam Bambawale
- Jerome Powell moves to normalize US monetary policy
- Piramal Finance to invest Rs10,000 crore in hotel assets: MD Khushru Jijina
- India doesn’t have a robust M&A market for tech firms: Sapphire’s Jai Das
Mumbai: Financial services firm Reliance Capital Ltd on Tuesday said it has inducted Anmol Ambani, the eldest son of Anil Ambani, the promoter of the group, as an additional director.
Reliance Capital said the induction was based on the recommendation by the nomination and compensation committee of the company’s board, which largely comprised independent directors.
Anmol Ambani, 24, is the elder of two siblings, and has been working in various financial services businesses within Reliance Capital since 2014, the company said in a release. He holds a bachelor’s degree in management from UK’s Warwick Business School.
He has been actively involved in internal business reviews across companies, the release added.
Reliance Capital is part of Anil Ambani-controlled Reliance Group. Other listed companies in the group are Reliance Communications Ltd, Reliance Infrastructure Ltd and Reliance Power Ltd.
(Reliance Group companies have sued HT Media Ltd, Mint’s publisher, and nine others in the Bombay high court over a 2 October 2014 front-page story that they have disputed. HT Media is contesting the case.)