Cipla names Ireena Vittal as independent director
- Govt serious in bringing fugitive economic offenders to task: Rajnath Singh
- Sushma Swaraj arrives in China for talks with Wang Yi, SCO meet
- Make the best of technology to deal with administrative delays: Modi tells bureaucrats
- Amit Shah says ordinance shows Modi govt’s commitment to women’s safety
- Sanskrit most suitable for machine learning, AI: Ram Nath Kovind
Bengaluru: Drug maker Cipla Ltd Tuesday named Ireena Vittal as an independent director on its board, effective 1 December.
Vittal is a former partner with consulting firm McKinsey & Co. Before joining McKinsey, Vittal had worked with Nestle and MaxTouch (now Vodafone).
Her areas of specialization include emerging markets, agriculture and urban development.
“Cipla is in the midst of preparing itself for an exciting future and her background of both business and advisory will be very useful to the Company,” Y.K. Hamied, non-executive chairman, Cipla, said in a statement.
Vittal is also a board member of Wipro Ltd, AXIS Bank Limited, Titan Industries Limited, Tata Global Beverages Limited, Godrej Consumer Products Limited and The Indian Hotels Company Limited and is on the global advisory board of ideo.org.