Hindustan Petroleum Q2 profit rises to Rs1,735 crore, misses estimates
Bengaluru: State-owned oil refiner Hindustan Petroleum Corp Ltd’s second-quarter net profit more than doubled, but fell short of analysts’ estimates.
Net profit for the three months ending 30 September soared to Rs1,735 crore ($267 million) from Rs701 crore a year earlier, the company said in a filing on Thursday.
Analysts on average had expected a profit of Rs2,058 crore, according to Thomson Reuters Eikon data.
Average gross refining margin, the profit earned on each barrel of crude processed, advanced to $6.75 per barrel for the half year ended 30 September, from $5.12 per barrel in the same period last year.
Sales grew 13% to Rs54,153 crore in the quarter. Reuters
- Govt serious in bringing fugitive economic offenders to task: Rajnath Singh
- Sushma Swaraj arrives in China for talks with Wang Yi, SCO meet
- Make the best of technology to deal with administrative delays: Modi tells bureaucrats
- Amit Shah says ordinance shows Modi govt’s commitment to women’s safety
- Sanskrit most suitable for machine learning, AI: Ram Nath Kovind