Hero Motors to manufacture bike gears for Ducati
- HDFC Bank Q4 net profit rises 20% to Rs4,799 crore
- Right to equality can be invoked if COC violates bankruptcy code: NCLT chairman
- L&T sells Bengaluru land parcel to Phoenix-CPPIB platform for Rs650 crore
- Railways to extend ‘Give it up’ scheme for senior citizens to all categories availing fare concession
- Union cabinet approves Fugitive Economic Offenders Ordinance 2018
New Delhi: Hero Motors Ltd on Monday said its transmission division has received order from Italy-based Ducati to manufacture bike gears for the superbike maker’s premium offerings.
One of the world’s leading motorcycle manufacturers has chosen Hero group’s transmission division to make an important component of its premium motorcycles is evidence of the company’s expertise, the company said in a statement. “This definitely is a big leap for us and we are quite excited about this new development,” Hero Group chairman and managing director Pankaj Munjal said.
“With this win, we are not only forging a strong relationship with a global two wheeler leader but also reaffirming Hero’s proficiency and expertise in specialised manufacturing,” he added. Leading brands like BMW and Harley Davidson already source components from Hero. Almost 80% of the company’s business comes from global players. Hero has invested RsRs.150 crore to set up infrastructure and also plans to pump in similar amount to scale up its operations for the international market.