ICICI Lombard net profit grows 38% to Rs 702 crore in fiscal 2017
- What does it take to save a newborn’s life?
- 2018 FIFA World Cup: Spain the team to beat in exciting Group B
- Mobile learning start-up EdMobile Labs raises Rs5.5 crore from Unitus Seed Fund, others
- Ola sets up safety council to spread awareness on road fatalities
- ITC, Niti Aayog collaborate to strengthen farming systems in 25 districts
New Delhi: ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company on Friday reported an increase of 38.3% in net profit at Rs 701.9 crore for the fiscal ended March 2017.
The company’s net profit in the preceding fiscal 2015-16 stood at Rs507.5 crore.
The gross domestic premium income of the company rose by 32.6% to Rs 10,725.90 crore, a company statement said.
“The robust performance was delivered on the back of increase in policies serviced at 1.77 crore in 2016-17 compared to 1.58 crore policies in 2015-16,” it said.
“As we progress through the year, we shall...further expand our insurance solutions proposition as well as enhance our customer service and claim leadership stature backed by innovative technology,” ICICI Lombard, MD and CEO, Bhargav Dasgupta said.
ICICI Lombard GIC Ltd is a joint venture between country’s largest private lender ICICI Bank and Canada-based Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited.
The general insurance subsidiary of the bank is a non- listed entity though the life insurance joint venture— ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Co—is a listed firm. Shares of ICICI Bank closed 1.34% down at Rs 269.15 apiece on BSE today.