Welspun Corp Q4 net profit rises five-fold to Rs 69 crore
Welspun Corp had posted consolidated net profit of Rs13.06 crore in the year-ago period, the company said in a filing to BSE
- EPFO cuts administrative charges to 0.5%, firms to save together Rs900 crore annually
- Inclusion of ATF under GST will help airlines cut cost, says Suresh Prabhu
- Bajaj Hindusthan Sugar posts Q4 loss at Rs158 crore
- NALCO Q4 profit falls 4% to Rs257 crore
- Corporation Bank posts Q4 loss of Rs1,838 crore as provisions surge
New Delhi: Welspun Corp Ltd, flagship company of the Welspun Group, on Monday posted five-fold increase in consolidated net profit at Rs68.59 crore for the quarter ended 31 March 2017.
The company had posted consolidated net profit of Rs13.06 crore in the year-ago period, WCL said in a filing to BSE.
The consolidated income increased to Rs2,172.49 crore, from Rs1 ,976.05 crore in the corresponding quarter of FY’16 “Q4 was driven by strong volumes leading to improvement in profitability. Though we are starting the new fiscal with a moderate order book position, strong demand in domestic market coupled with favourable policy measures taken by the Government of India presents a positive outlook for the year,” Welspun Group chairman B K Goenka said in a statement.
“We continue to take various measures for further strengthening our capabilities while maintaining financial discipline,” Goenka said.
Welspun Corp is a one-stop service provider offering complete pipe solution with a capability to manufacture line pipes ranging from half inch to 140 inches, along with specialized coating, double jointing and bending.
Editor's Picks »
- Motherson Sumi continues to face margin pressure in foreign markets
- What the Warren Buffett indicator tells us about market valuations today
- Jet Airways lands with a thud in Q4 as fuel costs increase
- IBC amendments: Some dilutions, and a lot more speed
- Patanjali’s gambit is paying off in toothpaste wars