Hindustan Aeronautics wins Rs1,090 crore deal for Indian Air Force
The company will supply the Indian Air Force with 14 new turboprop Do-228 aircraft
Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s government wants to modernize India’s Armed Forces by replacing ageing equipment with home-made hardware built by local and foreign companies, and cut back on what is the world’s largest import bill for arms.
HAL has so far manufactured 125 Do-228 transport planes the ministry of defence said in a statement.
Editor's Picks »
- RIL Q3 results: Will Reliance Jio, Reliance Retail make up for lost energy?
- Why Tata Motors’ Project Charge at JLR is failing to recharge its shares
- Outlook on global profit growth worst since 2008 financial crisis
- Q3 results: ICICI Securities loses its retail broking crown
- High drug approvals to keep up pricing pressure for pharma firms