Asian Paints June quarter profit rises 18% to Rs552 crore
- Why Indian bond market rivals equities in volatility
- Rupee falls for sixth session, longest losing streak since May 2016
- Markets consolidation likely to continue; Q4 results, crude prices, rupee key
- Q4 results done, what should investors in HDFC Bank focus on?
- Flipkart Walmart deal would be good for e-commerce: Amazon India head
New Delhi: Asian Paints Ltd on Wednesday reported 18.46% increase in consolidated net profit at Rs.552.56 crore for the first quarter ended 30 June.
The company had reported a net profit of Rs.466.42 crore in the same period of previous fiscal. Its total income from operations stood at Rs.4,082.08 crore in the quarter under review, up 10.23% as against Rs.3,703.04 crore in the corresponding quarter last fiscal.
“The decorative business segment in India registered a double digit growth in the quarter... lower raw material prices led to improved margins... Our international business performed well, aided by good growth in markets like Nepal, the UAE and Fiji,” Asian Paints managing director and chief executive K.B.S. Anand said.