AirAsia likely to reconfirm order for Airbus A330neo jets: report
AirAsia is expected to reconfirm an order for Airbus A330neo passenger jets, a person familiar with the discussions said
Singapore: AirAsia is expected to reconfirm an order for Airbus A330neo passenger jets, a person familiar with the discussions said on Thursday.
AirAsia co-founder Tony Fernandes announced last week he was looking at buying Boeing 787s to expand the fleet of its long-haul arm AirAsiaX, as well as Airbus wide-body models.
The decision of Asia’s largest budget carrier—currently exclusively an Airbus customer—is seen as crucial as Airbus tries to shore up its slow-selling A330neo and Boeing looks to cement an advantage in wide-body sales, industry sources say.
Airbus and AirAsia declined comment. Reuters
- Uber plans Paris flying-car lab in first R&D site outside US
- Competition commission orders probe against Grasim Industries
- 7 Maruti Suzuki cars among the Top 10 best selling cars in India for April
- BSNL hopes to turn profitable in FY’20, not before
- Airtel Payments Bank appoints Anubrata Biswas as MD, CEO