Tata Steel says financial statements present true and fair value
- First 2-3 years of RERA transition period will be really painful: MahaRera chief
- Kwan Entertainment launches sports, media and consumer unit Kwanabler
- Congress disowns Khurshid’s ‘blood on hands’ remark
- Edelweiss arm to help sell office space in Parinee Group’s project in Mumbai
- Karnataka elections: BJP picks Reddy aide to fight Siddaramaiah
Mumbai: Tata Steel Ltd on Thursday said its financial statements present a true and fair value of the company, in response to a request for clarification from the stock exchanges.
The exchanges made the procedural request after former chairman of parent Tata Sons Ltd Cyrus Mistry on Wednesday said the group could face an $18 billion writedown, partly related to the acquisition of its European steel business.
“As part of the preparation of financial assets, the value-in-use of the assets of the Company is tested for impairment as per the Accounting Standards,” Tata Steel said in a statement.
The company said it had nothing further to “comment or disclose”. Reuters