Eveready net profit up 10.3% despite muted sales growth
- Market volatility will rise in short-term as elections near: Rana Gupta
- Doing business in India: ‘Substance’ over ‘form’ in transfer pricing regime
- Hong Kong can be India’s gateway to China: Gautam Bambawale
- Jerome Powell moves to normalize US monetary policy
- Piramal Finance to invest Rs10,000 crore in hotel assets: MD Khushru Jijina
Kolkata: Battery and flashlight maker Eveready Industries India Ltd on Monday said its net profit in the June quarter had jumped 10.3% year-on-year to Rs. 22.36 crore, despite muted sales growth, thanks to a reduction in finance costs.
The company’s revenue for the quarter ended 30 June grew only 1.22% over the same period last year to Rs.371.71 crore.
Managing director Amritanshu Khaitan said his company had initiated discussions with foreign consumer goods producers to start retailing their products through Eveready’s distribution network in India.
Eveready has recently added kitchen appliances to its portfolio.