Colgate-Palmolive Q3 profit up 33.5% to Rs170.65 crore
New Delhi: Fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) major Colgate-Palmolive India on Monday reported a rise of 33.50% in its net profit at Rs170.65 crore for the third quarter ended December 2017 led by volume growth.
The company had posted a net profit of Rs127.82 crore in October-December period of the last year, Colgate-Palmolive India said in a BSE filing. Its total income was up 4.01% to Rs1,042.36 crore during the quarter under review as against Rs1,002.12 crore in the corresponding quarter of the last fiscal.
“Excluding the accounting impact of GST implementation, net sales increased by 19 per cent over the previous year. Volume increased by 12 per cent,” Colgate-Palmolive India said in a statement. Colgate-Palmolive’s total expense stood at Rs790.47 crore as against Rs811.33 crore, down 2.57% from the previous fiscal.
Shares of Colgate-Palmolive India were trading 0.53% up at Rs1,120.95 apiece on BSE on Monday.
- Deutsche Bank scales back investment bank as profit drops
- News in Numbers: India ranks 138 on World’s Press Freedom Index
- Govt may buy RBI’s stake in National Housing Bank
- The latest updates to Gmail for web will make you more productive, keep data secure
- Yes Bank Q4 profit rises 29% to Rs1,179.44 crore