Colgate-Palmolive Q3 profit up 33.5% to Rs170.65 crore
Excluding the accounting impact of GST implementation, net sales of Colgate-Palmolive increased by 19% over the previous year
New Delhi: Fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) major Colgate-Palmolive India on Monday reported a rise of 33.50% in its net profit at Rs170.65 crore for the third quarter ended December 2017 led by volume growth.
The company had posted a net profit of Rs127.82 crore in October-December period of the last year, Colgate-Palmolive India said in a BSE filing. Its total income was up 4.01% to Rs1,042.36 crore during the quarter under review as against Rs1,002.12 crore in the corresponding quarter of the last fiscal.
“Excluding the accounting impact of GST implementation, net sales increased by 19 per cent over the previous year. Volume increased by 12 per cent,” Colgate-Palmolive India said in a statement. Colgate-Palmolive’s total expense stood at Rs790.47 crore as against Rs811.33 crore, down 2.57% from the previous fiscal.
Shares of Colgate-Palmolive India were trading 0.53% up at Rs1,120.95 apiece on BSE on Monday.
- Alyque Padamsee, advertising veteran, dead at 87
- Elon Musk’s SpaceX to put 12,000 satellites in orbit
- Petrol, diesel prices continue declining trend. 5 things to know
- Facebook woes sap $17.4 billion of Mark Zuckerberg’s wealth this year
- 3-year bank FDs: SBI, ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank interest rates compared
Editor's Picks »
- Future Retail’s Q2 result shows improvement in same-store sales
- Private insurance firms grow at the expense of LIC stuck with a sick bank
- Page Industries’s lofty valuations get a reality check in Q2
- Q2 results: Grasim’s Vodafone Idea stake is proving costly
- How Vodafone Idea’s $3.5 bn fundraising will impact telecom in India