Wipro to buy Alight’s India operations for $117 million
Wipro, Alight’s India deal is expected to be completed in the quarter ending September
Bengaluru: India’s third-biggest software services exporter, Wipro Ltd, said on Friday it would buy US-based Alight Solutions’ India operations for $117 million in cash.
Wipro said it would buy Alight HR Services India Pvt Ltd, which is Alight Solutions’ captive operations in India.
The deal is expected to be completed in the quarter ending September.
Wipro today reported a 2% rise in first-quarter net profit, beating estimates, helped by higher revenue from its Banking, Financial Services and Insurance business (BFSI).
- Leena AI secures $2 million seed funding from Snapdeal co-founders, Elad Gil
- Oyo plans to hire 2,020 technology experts in next two years
- Metro Cash and Carry to digitize 5 lakh kirana stores
- Reliance Jio, Star India in five-year deal for cricket telecast on JioTV
- HomeLane pilots new experience centre model to expand footprint faster
Editor's Picks »
- RBI announces norms for co-origination of priority sector loans by banks, NBFCs
- CBI defends boss, questions charges by special director
- Tata’s UK steel plant warns it needs bigger profits to survive
- Mass tourism threatens Croatia’s ‘Game of Thrones’ town
- Hindustan Times, 9 others come together to form Digital News Publishers Association
- India’s renewable energy sector hits a milestone but loses speed
- All eyes now on share swap ratio in this mega bank merger
- Jet Privilege can actually get higher valuation than Jet Airways
- Profitability of cement firms to take a hit due to weak prices, high costs
- Pidilite’s shares hold their ground despite weak rupee and rising crude