IndusInd Bank reports marginal rise in Q3 profit
IndusInd Bank’s net profit for the quarter rose 4.6% to Rs 985.03 crore from Rs 936.25 crore a year ago
Mumbai: Indusind Bank on Wednesday reported a marginal rise in its December-quarter net profit due to higher provisions and contingencies. Net profit for the quarter rose 4.6% to Rs 985.03 crore from Rs 936.25 crore a year ago. According to Bloomberg estimates, the lender was expected to post a profit of Rs 810.50 crore.
Bloomberg reported that Indusind’s IL&FS total provision was at Rs 600 crore, and that the bank has Rs 2000 crore exposure to IL&FS Holding company.
Provisions and contingencies surged 156.89% to Rs606.68 crore in the quarter from Rs236.16 crore a year ago. On a quarter-on-quarter basis, it rose marginally 2.78% from Rs590.27 crore.
Net interest income (NII), or the core income a bank earns by giving loans, was up 20.76% to Rs2288.09 crore versus Rs1894.81 crore last year. Other income was at Rs1468.85 crore, up 23.77% from Rs1186.76 crore a year ago.
Gross non-performing assets (NPAs) rose 31.32% to Rs1968.15 crore at the end of the December quarter from Rs1498.70 crore in the same quarter last year.
As a percentage of total loans, gross NPAs was at 1.13% as compared with 1.16% in the year-ago quarter. Net NPAs were at 0.59% against 0.46% a year ago.
At 2.46pm, Indusind Bank was trading at Rs 1576.15 on BSE, down 0.09% from previous close while India’s benchmark Sensex gained 0.3% to 36089.37 points.
- Tesla to cut workforce by 7%, sees smaller profit in Q4
- Wipro spins out govt business as separate segment
- Vibrant Gujarat meet: Ambani, Adani, Birla, others line up big investments
- Wipro announces 1:3 bonus; Q3 net profit rises 30%
- RIL to invest Rs 3 lakh crore in Gujarat in next 10 years : Mukesh Ambani
Editor's Picks »
- What to expect from Q3 results of IndiGo, SpiceJet, Jet Airways
- Forget privatisation, govt has hugged its banks tighter
- Flat profit, rising debt are growing worries for Reliance
- Q3 results: HUL growth off a high base shows it’s on a roll
- DCB Bank Q3 results: Small loans give big pain as farm, mortgages lift delinquencies