Elon Musk’s SpaceX raises another $100 million
The latest funding round increases SpaceX’s total fundraising to $450 million and values it at more than $21 billion
San Francisco/New York: Space Exploration Technologies Corp., or SpaceX, added another $100 million to its latest funding round, bringing the total to nearly $450 million, according to an amended regulatory filing.
The closely held company founded by Elon Musk had disclosed in August raising about $350 million the previous month. The round values the company at more than $21 billion, according to Equidate.
The amended filing with the US Securities and Exchange Commission didn’t disclose who led the financing. Musk, 46, has said he has no immediate plans to take the company he founded in 2002 public.
In May, SpaceX launched its first satellite for the US military with its Falcon 9 rocket, breaking a 10-year monopoly held by a partnership of Lockheed Martin Corp. and The Boeing Co.
The Hawthorne, California-based company also has also outlined plans for a trip to Mars in 2022, to be followed by a manned mission to the red planet by 2024.
Besides SpaceX, Musk also leads electric car maker Tesla Inc .
Editor's Picks »
- ‘The biggest challenge being an SFB is listing out what the challenges are’
- Imran Khan, Nawaz Sharif face-off as Pakistan goes to polls this week
- Khazanah in early talks to invest in Pepe’s India arm
- Rajnath visits Assam days before release of second draft of NRC
- The Karnataka village that hit the headlines for the wrong reasons
- What ABB India’s performance in June quarter says about capex growth
- Bajaj Finance does well in Q1 even as competition hots up
- Kotak Mahindra Bank: The perils of being priced to perfection
- Higher cane price crushes hopes of sugar mills
- Market optimism before 2019 general election: History may not repeat itself