Century Textiles and Industries Q3 net profit jumps four times to Rs89.94 crore
Century Textiles’ total income during the quarter under review was at Rs2,086.57 crore, up 7.65%, as against Rs1,938.25 crore in the corresponding quarter last fiscal
New Delhi: Century Textiles and Industries on Monday reported a four-fold jump in its standalone net profit at Rs89.94 crore for the third quarter ended December 2017.
It had posted a net profit of Rs17.16 crore in the October-December quarter a year ago, Century Textiles said in a BSE filing. Its total income during the quarter under review was at Rs2,086.57 crore, up 7.65%, as against Rs1,938.25 crore in the corresponding quarter last fiscal.
Century Textiles’ total expenses stood at Rs1,923.78 crore, up 1.04%, as against Rs1,903.90 crore. Its revenue from textile segment was at Rs385.17 crore as against Rs386.48 crore. While, revenue from cement was up 1.34% to Rs999.04 crore in the third quarter of 2017-18 as against Rs985.82 crore of the corresponding quarter a year ago.
Shares of Century Textiles and Industries today settled 0.23% higher at Rs1,406.40 apiece on BSE.
- GAIL seeks to invest in start-ups solar power plants
- Jet Airways likely to sub-lease 7 ATR planes to TruJet
- Malaysia’s Axiata relinquishes major rights in Idea ahead of Vodafone merger
- BPCL Mumbai unit to remain shut for at least 2 months after fire
- Supertech to invest ₹800 crore this fiscal on various projects to deliver 10,000 flats
Editor's Picks »
- Rise in extreme weather events in India raises concerns over climate change impact
- US, China set to resume talks to resolve stand-off over trade
- NAA plans to knock on factory gates to enforce GST rate cuts
- Paintbrush meets pixel at India’s first Artificial Intelligence art show
- Water, vector-borne disease outbreak looms over Kerala