ONGC shares gain over 4% after Q2 results
Shares of Oil and Natural Gas Corp (ONGC) rose by over 4% after the company reported a 3.1% rise in September quarter net profit
New Delhi: Shares of Oil and Natural Gas Corp. (ONGC) on Monday rose by over 4% after the company reported a 3.1% rise in second quarter net profit.
The stock gained 4.14% to Rs191.15 on BSE. At NSE, shares of the company rose 3.99% to Rs191.35. In terms of equity volume, 773,000 shares of the company were traded on BSE and over 10 million shares changed hands at NSE during the morning trade.
State-owned ONGC on Saturday reported a 3.1% rise in second quarter net profit as impressive gain from rising oil prices were taken away by fall in government-mandated natural gas rates.
Net profit of Rs5,131 crore in July-September was 3.1% higher than Rs4,975 crore in the same period last year, the company said in a press statement. Revenue was up 3.1% at Rs18,966 crore.
Editor's Picks »
- Salman Khan’s ‘Race 3’ crosses Rs 100 crore milestone over opening weekend
- Audi CEO Rupert Stadler arrested in diesel emission case
- Buying a used car? How to get the right loan
- Climate change may spark conflict over fisheries as species migrate
- ICICI Bank CEO Chanda Kochhar’s fate to be decided today at board meet: Report
- RBI wants banks to discipline Indian corporates on working capital
- For stressed power assets resolution, patience is the virtue for banks, govt
- Exide’s valuation zooms as it claws back market share lost to Amara Raja
- Trapped in mid-cap stocks? What investors should do
- TCS share buyback shows absurdities of India’s repurchase rules