Airtel names Raghunath Mandava as chief of Africa operations
- JD (S) releases 3D game to shed anti-urban image
- Steve Smith admit ball tampering in 3rd test against South Africa
- Students march across US demanding stricter gun laws after mass shootings
- IIM-Ahmedabad raises PG management program fee to Rs22 lakh
- RLD, Nishad Party expel MLAs for cross-voting in Rajya Sabha elections in UP
New Delhi: Bharti Airtel Ltd on Tuesday announced organisational changes in its Africa business, naming Raghunath Mandava as managing director and chief executive for Airtel Africa beginning 2017.
Mandava at present is the chief operating officer at Airtel Africa.
“Raghu joined Airtel Africa as chief operating officer in July 2016 and having well settled in his role will take full leadership control. Raghu will be a permanent invitee to the Board of Bharti Airtel, representing Airtel Africa,” Bharti said in a statement.
Christian Defaria, executive chairman of Airtel Africa, has been designated chairman, Bharti Airtel International (Netherlands) BV with effect from 1 January 2017.
Mandava joined Airtel in 2003 and had earlier held the position of director of operations and chief marketing officer for India.
Bharti Airtel has operations in 15 countries across Africa and three countries in Asia.