Tata Teleservices (Maharashtra) to raise up to Rs20,000 crore
Tata Teleservices (Maharashtra) board to meet on 18 October to discuss the fund raising through issuance of preference shares to promoters or via bonds
New Delhi: Tata Group’s listed telecom company TTML on Saturday said it plans to raise up to Rs20,000 crore through issuance of preference shares to promoters or via bonds.
Tata Teleservices (Maharashtra) Ltd (TTML), whose consumer mobile business is part of the recent deal announced between the Tata group and Airtel, in a notice to stock exchange said its board will meet on 18 October to consider the fund raising.
It, however, did not specify the purpose of the fund raising. “...a meeting of Board of Directors of the company is scheduled to be held on 18 October to consider the proposal to raise additional funds up to an aggregate amount of Rs20,000 crore,” it said.
The company added that this will be done through issue of one or more types of instruments including redeemable preference shares to promoters, non-convertible debentures in one or more tranches, and/or inter corporate deposit/loans from the promoters and others.
Editor's Picks »
- Salman Khan’s ‘Race 3’ crosses Rs 100 crore milestone over opening weekend
- Audi CEO Rupert Stadler arrested in diesel emission case
- Buying a used car? How to get the right loan
- Climate change may spark conflict over fisheries as species migrate
- ICICI Bank CEO Chanda Kochhar’s fate to be decided today at board meet: Report
- RBI wants banks to discipline Indian corporates on working capital
- For stressed power assets resolution, patience is the virtue for banks, govt
- Exide’s valuation zooms as it claws back market share lost to Amara Raja
- Trapped in mid-cap stocks? What investors should do
- TCS share buyback shows absurdities of India’s repurchase rules