RIL, JM Financial bid jointly for Alok Industries
Reliance Industries (RIL) has bid jointly with JM Financial Asset Reconstruction Co. to acquire the debt ridden textile manufacturer Alok Industries
New Delhi: Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) said on Thursday that it has bid jointly with JM Financial Asset Reconstruction Co. Ltd to acquire the debt ridden textile manufacturer Alok Industries Ltd.
In a clarification to stock exchanges, RIL said it is awaiting the outcome of the process. “Our company evaluates various opportunities on an ongoing basis and in this process has submitted a bid jointly with JM Financial Asset Reconstruction Company Limited for resolution of Alok Industries Limited in terms of the IBC code,” said RIL.
“We are awaiting the outcome of the bid and accordingly there is no disclosure required by us at this stage,” RIL said in a BSE filing.
In July 2017, the Ahmedabad bench of the National Company Law Tribunal had admitted insolvency proceedings against the textile company under the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code. The consortium of lenders, led by SBI, is claiming dues of over Rs23,000 crore from Alok Industries.
- Pricing policy that makes airlines lose too much money is a problem: IATA chief
- Executive’s arrest, security worries stymie Huawei’s reach
- Naresh Goyal’s ‘turnaround’ man Nikos Kardassis leaves Jet Airways
- No need to hold spectrum auction until 2020: Vodafone Idea to govt
- Mastercard will delete Indian cardholders’ data from servers; warns of impact
Editor's Picks »
- Markets yet to warm up to KEC International’s record order book
- Indraprastha Gas and Mahanagar Gas shares are low on fuel
- Overhang of capacity constraints lifts for ACC, Ambuja Cements
- Stock market traders fall for the ‘buy rural’ narrative, once again
- Continuing volume momentum puts Indian ports in a good position