Edelweiss Financial Services Q4 profit jumps 46% to Rs248 crore
Edelweiss Financial Services’ total revenue from operations rose 35% year-on-year at Rs2,621 crore in the fourth quarter
Mumbai: Edelweiss Financial Services Ltd on Thursday reported a consolidated net profit for fiscal fourth quarter at Rs248 crore, a jump of nearly 46% over the previous year.
Total revenue from operations rose 35% year-on-year at Rs2,621 crore in the reporting quarter.
The lender attributed diversified revenue mix as the reason for its performance on a sustained basis.
The non-banking financial company’s fund-based income rose 18% to Rs5,656 crore in fiscal 2018 while gross premium income from life insurance business was 45% higher at Rs638 crore in the previous financial year.
At the end of March, total credit book, which also includes distressed credit, was at Rs42,010 crore.
Edelweiss shares closed at Rs295.55, up 4.45%, on the BSE on Thursday.
Editor's Picks »
- Motherson Sumi continues to face margin pressure in foreign markets
- What the Warren Buffett indicator tells us about market valuations today
- Jet Airways lands with a thud in Q4 as fuel costs increase
- IBC amendments: Some dilutions, and a lot more speed
- Patanjali’s gambit is paying off in toothpaste wars