Edelweiss Financial Services Q4 profit jumps 46% to Rs248 crore
Edelweiss Financial Services’ total revenue from operations rose 35% year-on-year at Rs2,621 crore in the fourth quarter
Mumbai: Edelweiss Financial Services Ltd on Thursday reported a consolidated net profit for fiscal fourth quarter at Rs248 crore, a jump of nearly 46% over the previous year.
Total revenue from operations rose 35% year-on-year at Rs2,621 crore in the reporting quarter.
The lender attributed diversified revenue mix as the reason for its performance on a sustained basis.
The non-banking financial company’s fund-based income rose 18% to Rs5,656 crore in fiscal 2018 while gross premium income from life insurance business was 45% higher at Rs638 crore in the previous financial year.
At the end of March, total credit book, which also includes distressed credit, was at Rs42,010 crore.
Edelweiss shares closed at Rs295.55, up 4.45%, on the BSE on Thursday.
- Women journalists attacked in Sabarimala despite police presence
- Huawei just launched a smartphone that can wirelessly charge other phones. Here’s how it works
- UK PM met Ratan Tata as JLR warns on Brexit, diesel: Report
- Gold prices surge to 2-year high on festive demand
- Man Booker Prize 2018: A year of surprises