Asian Paints Q4 profit rises 4% to Rs481 crore
Asian Paints net profit rose to Rs481 crore in the three months ended 31 March, from Rs462 crore a year earlier
Bengaluru: Asian Paints Ltd reported a 4.1% rise in net profit for the March quarter, but missed average analysts’ estimates.
Net profit rose to Rs481 crore ($71.52 million) in the three months ended 31 March, from Rs462 crore a year earlier, the company said on Thursday.
Analysts on average expected the Mumbai-based company to post a profit of Rs543 crore, according to Thomson Reuters data.
Revenue from operations gained 2.7%.
Shares of Asian Paints today closed at Rs1214.70 apiece, down 0.77% from the previous close on BSE.
Editor's Picks »
- Motherson Sumi continues to face margin pressure in foreign markets
- What the Warren Buffett indicator tells us about market valuations today
- Jet Airways lands with a thud in Q4 as fuel costs increase
- IBC amendments: Some dilutions, and a lot more speed
- Patanjali’s gambit is paying off in toothpaste wars