Asian Paints Q4 profit rises 4% to Rs481 crore
Asian Paints net profit rose to Rs481 crore in the three months ended 31 March, from Rs462 crore a year earlier
Bengaluru: Asian Paints Ltd reported a 4.1% rise in net profit for the March quarter, but missed average analysts’ estimates.
Net profit rose to Rs481 crore ($71.52 million) in the three months ended 31 March, from Rs462 crore a year earlier, the company said on Thursday.
Analysts on average expected the Mumbai-based company to post a profit of Rs543 crore, according to Thomson Reuters data.
Revenue from operations gained 2.7%.
Shares of Asian Paints today closed at Rs1214.70 apiece, down 0.77% from the previous close on BSE.
Editor's Picks »
- Mukesh Ambani vs Jeff Bezos set to begin from Gujarat
- Marco Pierre White: ‘Chefs are not geniuses or artists, they are just workers’
- RBI will take steps to help sustain growth: Shaktikanta Das
- India is at par with China in space race: Isro’s K. Sivan
- AAP rules out alliance with Congress for Elections 2019
- What to expect from Q3 results of IndiGo, SpiceJet, Jet Airways
- Forget privatisation, govt has hugged its banks tighter
- Flat profit, rising debt are growing worries for Reliance
- Q3 results: HUL growth off a high base shows it’s on a roll
- DCB Bank Q3 results: Small loans give big pain as farm, mortgages lift delinquencies