Kalli Purie appointed vice chairperson of India Today Group
As vice chairperson, Kalli Purie will oversee the editorial and business functions of India Today Group, according to an email from founder Aroon Purie
New Delhi: India Today Group, which runs news channels India Today and Aaj Tak, on Tuesday named Kalli Purie as the vice chairperson of the company.
Purie, at present, is the group editorial director (broadcast and new media) at India Today Group. As the vice chairperson, she will oversee the editorial and business functions of the group, according to an email from Aroon Purie, founder and editor-in-chief at India Today Group, addressing the employees of the company. Mint has reviewed a copy of the email.
“I am very pleased to appoint Kalli Purie as vice chairperson of the India Today Group. I believe, like me, she has the ability to straddle both editorial and business functions,” Aroon Purie wrote in the email.
Aroon Purie, who has been at the helm of the India Today Group for more than 40 years, wrote that with Poorie’s appointment, he will now be spending time on strategic steering of the group and exploring new opportunities, rather than on day-to-day operations.
“All those who reported to me will now report to VC (vice chairperson). In the new order, the group CFO and the new group CEO, when appointed, will report to the vice-chairperson. The group editorial director (publishing) and group CFO will have a dotted line reporting to me,” Aroon Purie said in the letter.
Kalli Purie, daughter of Aroon Purie, is an Oxford University graduate in politics, philosophy and economics and has been working with India Today in several roles since 1996. She started as a marketing executive and reporter at India Today magazine and since then has worked in different departments of the company.
In July, Ashish Bagga, the group chief executive officer at India Today Group, had stepped down from his position. The company is yet to appoint a new group CEO.
Editor's Picks »
- Mukesh Ambani vs Jeff Bezos set to begin from Gujarat
- Marco Pierre White: ‘Chefs are not geniuses or artists, they are just workers’
- RBI will take steps to help sustain growth: Shaktikanta Das
- India is at par with China in space race: Isro’s K. Sivan
- AAP rules out alliance with Congress for Elections 2019
- What to expect from Q3 results of IndiGo, SpiceJet, Jet Airways
- Forget privatisation, govt has hugged its banks tighter
- Flat profit, rising debt are growing worries for Reliance
- Q3 results: HUL growth off a high base shows it’s on a roll
- DCB Bank Q3 results: Small loans give big pain as farm, mortgages lift delinquencies