NIIT CEO Rahul Patwardhan quits
NIIT CEO Rahul Patwardhan tendered his resignation due to compelling family reasons and has requested to be relieved from the close of business hours of 31 July
New Delhi: Skills and talent development firm NIIT on Friday said its chief executive officer (CEO) Rahul Patwardhan has put in his papers due to personal reasons.
The company has appointed Sapnesh Lalla as CEO designate with immediate effect. He will take over as CEO from 1 August.
“The CEO of NIIT Ltd, Rahul Keshav Patwardhan, has tendered his resignation due to compelling family reasons and has requested to be relieved from the close of business hours of 31 July 2017,” NIIT said in a BSE filing.
It added that the board has accepted Patwardhan’s resignation at its meeting on Friday. Lalla currently heads the Global Corporate Business (GCB) which constitutes nearly 70% of the global business of NIIT. He has been with NIIT for 25 years and has served both in India and the US.
Editor's Picks »
- Motherson Sumi continues to face margin pressure in foreign markets
- What the Warren Buffett indicator tells us about market valuations today
- Jet Airways lands with a thud in Q4 as fuel costs increase
- IBC amendments: Some dilutions, and a lot more speed
- Patanjali’s gambit is paying off in toothpaste wars