TVS Motor Q1 profit up nearly 7%, misses estimates
TVS Motor profit came in at Rs1.29 billion in the first quarter ended 30 June, compared with Rs1.21 billion a year ago
Bengaluru: India’s TVS Motor Co. Ltd posted a nearly 7% rise in quarterly profit on Friday, missing analysts’ estimates.
Profit came in at Rs1.29 billion ($20.09 million) in the first quarter ended 30 June, compared with Rs1.21 billion a year ago, the two-wheeler manufacturer said.
However, profit came in lower than analysts’ estimate of Rs1.69 billion, according to Thomson Reuters data.
Profit included provision of Rs165 million which was offered to dealers as additional discount to clear out inventory before the launch of the GST on 1 July.
The company’s total two-wheeler sales, which included exports, rose by 12% to 785,000 vehicles. Reuters
- Microsoft shares at all-time high after bumper results
- UPL Corp to buy Platform Specialty’s agrochemical business Arysta for $4.2 bn
- Tata Motors in talks to sell engineering unit stake
- Sterlite copper plant shutdown could cost $100 million: Vedanta’s Anil Agarwal
- Wipro to buy Alight’s India operations for $117 million
Editor's Picks »
- What ABB India’s performance in June quarter says about capex growth
- Bajaj Finance does well in Q1 even as competition hots up
- Kotak Mahindra Bank: The perils of being priced to perfection
- Higher cane price crushes hopes of sugar mills
- Market optimism before 2019 general election: History may not repeat itself