Samir Mehta to be new Torrent Power chairman, Jinal to be MD
Torrent Power announces Samir Mehta as its new executive chairman, while Jinal Mehta to be its new managing director
Ahmedabad: Torrent Power Ltd, the integrated power utility of the Ahmedabad-based Torrent Group, on Wednesday said chairman Sudhir Mehta will step down from his position and his younger brother Samir, vice-chairman of Torrent Power, will become the new executive chairman.
“The company has undertaken a comprehensive reorganisation at the senior management level and accordingly, has put in place a succession plan to ensure continuity, growth and sustainability of the management team,” the company said in a media statement on Wednesday.
Sudhir Mehta expressed his desire to relinquish his position as executive chairman of the board and the company from the end of 31 March, the company announced on Wednesday.
The board of Torrent Power also approved the appointment of Jinal Mehta, son of Sudhir Mehta, as the managing director. Jinal, 35, is currently a whole time director at the company.
- Tesla to cut workforce by 7%, sees smaller profit in Q4
- Wipro spins out govt business as separate segment
- Vibrant Gujarat meet: Ambani, Adani, Birla, others line up big investments
- Wipro announces 1:3 bonus; Q3 net profit rises 30%
- RIL to invest Rs 3 lakh crore in Gujarat in next 10 years : Mukesh Ambani
Editor's Picks »
- 2nd Trump-Kim summit to take place at end of February
- To boost confidence in oil cut, OPEC issues quota list
- China said to offer path to end US trade imbalance
- BlackRock, Goldman said to move some fund managers to US if no-deal Brexit
- RBI governor Shaktikanta Das sees inflation assessment as a challenge
- What to expect from Q3 results of IndiGo, SpiceJet, Jet Airways
- Forget privatisation, govt has hugged its banks tighter
- Flat profit, rising debt are growing worries for Reliance
- Q3 results: HUL growth off a high base shows it’s on a roll
- DCB Bank Q3 results: Small loans give big pain as farm, mortgages lift delinquencies