Samir Mehta to be new Torrent Power chairman, Jinal to be MD
Torrent Power announces Samir Mehta as its new executive chairman, while Jinal Mehta to be its new managing director
Ahmedabad: Torrent Power Ltd, the integrated power utility of the Ahmedabad-based Torrent Group, on Wednesday said chairman Sudhir Mehta will step down from his position and his younger brother Samir, vice-chairman of Torrent Power, will become the new executive chairman.
“The company has undertaken a comprehensive reorganisation at the senior management level and accordingly, has put in place a succession plan to ensure continuity, growth and sustainability of the management team,” the company said in a media statement on Wednesday.
Sudhir Mehta expressed his desire to relinquish his position as executive chairman of the board and the company from the end of 31 March, the company announced on Wednesday.
The board of Torrent Power also approved the appointment of Jinal Mehta, son of Sudhir Mehta, as the managing director. Jinal, 35, is currently a whole time director at the company.
- Lenders accept ArcelorMittal resolution plan for Essar Steel
- #MeToo: Publicis India sacks executive creative director Ishrath Nawaz
- IFC launches $1 billion masala bond programme to aid India investments
- ICICI Securities reports 3.22% rise in Q2 profit at ₹134.22 crore
- Facebook hires Nick Clegg as head of global affairs
Editor's Picks »
- Policy rethink and higher volumes to aid container shippers
- DCB Bank delivers a strong Q2 but pressure on margins foreseen
- Havells India: Rising costs give a jolt to profitability in September quarter
- All’s well at Mindtree, except for high client concentration risk
- India’s rising steel demand is making companies starry-eyed