The 10 Indian unicorns
- Deals Buzz: Fresh hurdles for Numetal, ArcelorMittal in Essar Steel sale, says report
- Proxy advisor questions legitimacy of Fortis Healthcare sale process; warns of class action suit
- USFDA finishes inspection at Alembic Pharma’s Panelav plant, shares rise on BSE
- Trump trade war spurs India to import more oil, drones from US
- What global finance chiefs are saying about the global economy
Unicorn—a start-up valued at $1 billion or more—has become a buzzword among venture capital and private equity investors. Some 177 companies across the world have won the tag. Only in August did India get its 10th unicorn when Hike Ltd, which runs the messaging app Hike Messenger, raised $175 million, largely from Chinese Internet giant Tencent Holdings Ltd and Foxconn Technology Group of Taiwan, at a valuation of $1.4 billion. Here is a look at the Indian unicorns, their valuation and the year they made it to the list.