Did Jeff Bezos just tease Amazon plan for Alexa-on-wheels home Robot?
Investors analyze Bezos’s comments for any insights into the secretive technology company’s next big project
San Francisco/Seattle:Did Jeff Bezos’s kids really use blue painters’ tape to attach an Amazon.com Inc. Echo speaker to a robot vacuum cleaner? Or was his Instagram post on Monday just a teaser for his company’s next device?
The Amazon chief executive officer and world’s wealthiest man took to the photo-sharing app to post the image along with the caption: “What?!!!! Found this in the living room when I got home. I have no idea. #LifeWithFourKids”
A post shared by Jeff Bezos (@jeffbezos) on Jul 30, 2018 at 10:33am PDT
A post shared by Jeff Bezos (@jeffbezos) on
Bloomberg News in April reported on Amazon’s plans to release a mobile Echo robot for the home.
Investors analyze Bezos’s comments for any insights into the secretive technology company’s next big project. In an earnings release on Thursday, he stirred speculation that the e-commerce giant is working on another smartphone by saying, “We want customers to be able to use Alexa wherever they are.”
Or maybe Bezos’s kids were just messing around with the family Roomba.
Amazon didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment.
Editor's Picks »
- India’s renewable energy sector hits a milestone but loses speed
- All eyes now on share swap ratio in this mega bank merger
- Jet Privilege can actually get higher valuation than Jet Airways
- Profitability of cement firms to take a hit due to weak prices, high costs
- Pidilite’s shares hold their ground despite weak rupee and rising crude