Anand Mahindra says he wants to buy jeep used in Rajinikanth’s Kaala- Karikalan poster
Mahindra Group executive chairman Anand Mahindra tweeted a poster of Rajinikanth’s Kaala- Karikalan movie enquiring about the Thar used for the shoot
Chennai: Anything related to Tamil actor Rajinikanth is news. On Monday, it was a poster of his latest movie Kaala- Karikalan.
Anand Mahindra, executive chairman of Mahindra Group tweeted a poster of the movie saying: “Whoever knows the whereabouts of the Thar used for this shoot please let us know. I’d like to acquire it for our company auto museum.”
The poster in question features Rajinikanth sitting atop a Maharastra registration Mahindra Thar SUV with Mumbai’s Dharavi in backdrop.
When one of his followers tweeted that it is a photoshopped image, Mahindra replied: “The car that was photoshopped is still a collector’s item!”
Three posters of Kaala- Karikalan directed by Pa. Ranjith were released last week.
Mahindra had earlier tweeted: “When the legend @superstarrajini uses a car as a throne, it becomes a legend...#Thar”
Earlier this month, Mahindra found a picture of an auto-rickshaw owner in Kerala who had designed the back of his three-wheeler like a Mahindra Scorpio SUV. He acquired the vehicle for the Mahindra Auto Museum in exchange for a new four-wheeler—a Mahindra Supro mini truck.
Editor's Picks »
- Gold price maintains uptrend on global cues, jewellers’ buying
- Sky is Comcast’s final prize as Disney battle approaches endgame
- Donald Trump and the US dollar: Actions speak louder than words
- Jagan Reddy calls Andhra bandh on 24 July over special status
- Facebook suspends analytics firm Crimson Hexagon over data usage
- What ABB India’s performance in June quarter says about capex growth
- Bajaj Finance does well in Q1 even as competition hots up
- Kotak Mahindra Bank: The perils of being priced to perfection
- Higher cane price crushes hopes of sugar mills
- Market optimism before 2019 general election: History may not repeat itself