JSW Steel Q2 profit more than doubles on higher output
JSW Steel’s net profit in the second quarter rose to ₹2,126 crore from a profit of ₹839 crore a year earlier
Steelmaker JSW Steel Ltd reported second-quarter net profit more than doubled on higher steel production.
Net profit for the Mumbai-based firm in the second quarter that ended in September rose to ₹2,126 crore ($290.44 million) from a profit of ₹839 crore a year earlier.
Analysts on average had expected a net profit of ₹1,958 crore, according to I/B/E/S data from Refinitiv.
Total revenue from operations for the quarter rose 25% to ₹21,552 crore, while crude steel production rose 6% from the same time a year ago, JSW said.
This story has been published from a wire agency feed without modifications to the text.
- Tesla to cut workforce by 7%, sees smaller profit in Q4
- Wipro spins out govt business as separate segment
- Vibrant Gujarat meet: Ambani, Adani, Birla, others line up big investments
- Wipro announces 1:3 bonus; Q3 net profit rises 30%
- RIL to invest Rs 3 lakh crore in Gujarat in next 10 years : Mukesh Ambani
Editor's Picks »
- What to expect from Q3 results of IndiGo, SpiceJet, Jet Airways
- Forget privatisation, govt has hugged its banks tighter
- Flat profit, rising debt are growing worries for Reliance
- Q3 results: HUL growth off a high base shows it’s on a roll
- DCB Bank Q3 results: Small loans give big pain as farm, mortgages lift delinquencies