MTNL Q4 loss widens to Rs900 crore
MTNL reports widening of standalone loss to around Rs900 crore in the quarter ended March 2018
New Delhi:State-run telecom operator MTNL on Wednesday reported widening of standalone net loss to around Rs900 crore in the quarter ended March 2018.
The company had posted a net loss of Rs634.8 crore in the same period a year ago. Total income of MTNL on a standalone basis declined by 31.4% to Rs660.02 crore in the last quarter of 2017-18 from Rs963.12 crore posted in the corresponding quarter of 2016-17.
For year ended 31 March, 2018, the loss of MTNL on a standalone basis widened to Rs2,973.03 crore from Rs2,941.08 crore it posted a year ago.
Total annual income of the loss making firm on standalone basis declined by 12.27% to Rs3,116.42 crore for fiscal year (FY) 2018 from Rs3,552.46 crore it recorded at the end of financial year 2016-17.
On consolidated basis, MTNL reported widening of annual loss to Rs2,970.91 crore for financial year 2017-18 from a loss of Rs2,936.05 crore it posted in the preceding fiscal.
The consolidated total income of the company for financial year 2017-18 declined by around 12% to Rs3,217.2 crore from Rs3,654.69 crore it posted for previous fiscal.
Shares of MTNL on Wednesday closed 1.48% lower at Rs16.65 a unit on the BSE.
- Ghosn demise ripples from Tokyo to Paris as allegations grow
- CCI to probe alleged antitrust behaviour by Maersk, DP World at Mumbai port: Report
- Raj Nayak quits Viacom18
- The writing is very clear on the wall, Supreme Court warns Amrapali Group
- Free shipping becomes a blessing and curse at Amazon and Target
Editor's Picks »
- Banks get ₹3.7 trillion lending boost with RBI-FinMin ceasefire
- Telangana to witness fight between ‘frenemies’ Congress and TJS
- Delhi Police arrests Hizbul Mujahideen militant for killing J&K cop Imtiaz Ahmed
- If voted to power, BJP will kill Mizo identity, says Rahul Gandhi
- Won’t contest 2019 LS polls, says Sushma Swaraj