Grofers to deliver groceries via e-rickshaws in Delhi-NCR
New Delhi: Online grocery startup Grofers, which recently raised Rs400 crore fresh funding, Wednesday said it has commenced delivery operations via e-rickshaws in the national capital to reduce delivery cost by 25%.
The company said it aims to upsize the fleet delivery to 50 e-rickshaws on Delhi-NCR roads in the next 3-4 months.
The introduction of this environment-friendly electric fleet will help Grofers reduce cost of delivery by 25% and cater to the growing influx of orders, the company said in a statement. Initially, customers in South Delhi will receive their groceries via e-vehicles.
The services will then be extended to other regions. “To keep pace with the quick adoption of online groceries in Delhi-NCR, we are strengthening our delivery operations. E-rickshaws are ideal for last-mile connectivity,” Grofers co-founder and CEO Albinder Dhindsa said.
- Mahesh Babu’s ‘Bharat Ane Nenu’ storms domestic, overseas box office
- In Beijing, Sushma Swaraj says protectionism in all forms should be rejected
- Security personnel killed in encounter in Pulwama
- Brent oil hits highest since late 2014 as supplies tighten amid strong demand
- Trump administration plans to end work permits for H-1B visa holders’ spouses