Grofers to deliver groceries via e-rickshaws in Delhi-NCR
The delivery of groceries via e-rickshaws will help Grofers reduce cost of delivery by 25% and cater to the growing influx of orders, the company said in a statement
New Delhi: Online grocery startup Grofers, which recently raised Rs400 crore fresh funding, Wednesday said it has commenced delivery operations via e-rickshaws in the national capital to reduce delivery cost by 25%.
The company said it aims to upsize the fleet delivery to 50 e-rickshaws on Delhi-NCR roads in the next 3-4 months.
The introduction of this environment-friendly electric fleet will help Grofers reduce cost of delivery by 25% and cater to the growing influx of orders, the company said in a statement. Initially, customers in South Delhi will receive their groceries via e-vehicles.
The services will then be extended to other regions. “To keep pace with the quick adoption of online groceries in Delhi-NCR, we are strengthening our delivery operations. E-rickshaws are ideal for last-mile connectivity,” Grofers co-founder and CEO Albinder Dhindsa said.
- Jet Airways offers up to 30% discount on domestic, international flight tickets in new sale
- News In Numbers: Tesla Model 3 exceeds 30% net profit margin
- RIL plans to borrow Rs 40,000 crore in consumer push
- Vistara monsoon sale: Flight tickets on offer from Rs 1,299
- N/Core, IT Firm Mphasis Invest Rs 4.5 crore to fund and mentor non-profit startups
Editor's Picks »
- Fund managers slashing allocations to equities in emerging markets, shows BAML survey
- ICICI Lombard tightens grip on profitability in a lean growth quarter
- TCNS Clothing IPO: Valuations capture the upsides adequately
- Nightmare of Indian Accounting Standard 115 comes to haunt firms in the real estate sector
- What is driving the optimism in stocks of paint companies?