Edelweiss Financial Services Q1 net profit rises 41%
Edelweiss Financial Services’s net profit in the first quarter of last fiscal had stood at Rs139.68 crore
New Delhi: Edelweiss Financial Services on Wednesday reported a 40.5% jump in its consolidated net profit at Rs196.3 crore for the first quarter ended June.
The company’s net profit in the corresponding quarter of 2016-17 had stood at Rs139.68 crore.
“Total income increased to Rs1,887.87 crore for the quarter ended June 2017 as against Rs 1,465.40 crore in the same period a year ago,” the company said in a BSE filing.
Edelweiss Group is a diversified financial services company with presence in retail segments through life insurance, housing finance, mutual fund and retail financial markets. Shares of the company were trading 3.13% up at Rs210.55 on the BSE.
Editor's Picks »
- Infosys says increased visa application rejections could result in delays, higher project costs
- Marooned and musty in Kolkata
- All peril, no play: notes from a rain-hater
- GST rates cut: From refrigerator to washing machine, 88 items to get cheaper
- 3 terrorists killed in encounter in Jammu & Kashmir’s Kulgam district
- What ABB India’s performance in June quarter says about capex growth
- Bajaj Finance does well in Q1 even as competition hots up
- Kotak Mahindra Bank: The perils of being priced to perfection
- Higher cane price crushes hopes of sugar mills
- Market optimism before 2019 general election: History may not repeat itself