Q2 results: ONGC profit rises 61%, beats estimates
ONGC’s net profit stood at Rs 8,265 crore in the quarter ended 30 September, compared with Rs 5,130 crore a year earlier
New Delhi: Oil and Natural Gas Corp Ltd posted a 61% jump in second-quarter profit on Saturday, with higher crude oil prices helping it to beat forecasts.
ONGC’s net profit stood at Rs 8,265 crore in the quarter ended 30 September, compared with Rs 5,130 crore a year earlier, the company said in a stock exchange filing.
Analysts on average had expected a profit of Rs 6,861 crore, according to Refinitiv data.
Income from operations rose 47.5% to Rs 27,989 crore, ONGC said.
This story has been published from a wire agency feed without modifications to the text. Only the headline has been changed
Editor's Picks »
- What to expect from Q3 results of IndiGo, SpiceJet, Jet Airways
- Forget privatisation, govt has hugged its banks tighter
- Flat profit, rising debt are growing worries for Reliance
- Q3 results: HUL growth off a high base shows it’s on a roll
- DCB Bank Q3 results: Small loans give big pain as farm, mortgages lift delinquencies