Car sales rise 11.8% in August, passenger vehicle sales up 13.76%: Siam data
Domestic passenger vehicle sales rise 13.76% to 294,335 units in August from 258,737 units in the same month last year, according to Siam data
New Delhi: Domestic passenger vehicle sales grew 13.76% to 294,335 units in August from 258,737 units in the same month last year.
Car sales were up 11.8% to 198,811 units as against 177,829 units in August last year, according to data released by the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (Siam). Motorcycle sales in August jumped by 12.93% to 1,135,699 units as against 1,005,654 units in August 2016.
Total two-wheeler sales in August grew 14.69% to 1,891,062 units compared to 1,648,871 units in the year-ago month. Sales of commercial vehicles rose by 23.22% to 65,310 units in August, Siam said. Vehicle sales across categories registered a growth of 14.49% to 2,302,158 units from 2,001,802 units in August 2016, it added.
Editor's Picks »
- Govt schemes helped 22 crore poor families, says Amit Shah
- Tata Motors shelves sports car project RaceMo
- Tata Communications, Arvind to move out from NSE’s Nifty Midcap 50 index
- EPFO notifies 8.55% interest rate on PF for 2017-18, lowest in 5 years
- Bangladesh PM Sheikh Hasina asks India for support on Rohingyas
- Motherson Sumi continues to face margin pressure in foreign markets
- What the Warren Buffett indicator tells us about market valuations today
- Jet Airways lands with a thud in Q4 as fuel costs increase
- IBC amendments: Some dilutions, and a lot more speed
- Patanjali’s gambit is paying off in toothpaste wars