TVS Motor Q1 profit rises 13% on higher sales
TVS Motors Q1 net profit rises to Rs 147 crore from Rs 129 crore in the same period last year
Bengaluru: TVS Motor Co. Ltd’s first-quarter profit rose 13% on higher sales, but fell short of analysts’ estimates as raw material prices rose. Net profit stood at Rs 147 crore in the quarter ended 30 June, compared with Rs 129 crore a year ago, the company said on Tuesday.
Analysts on average had expected a profit of Rs 173 crore, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Overall two-wheeler sales, including exports, rose 14%, with motorcycle sales outpacing scooter sales. Exports rose 52% to 190,000 units.
At 2.16pm, TVS Motors shares rose 2.67% to Rs 542.20.
- Facebook faces potential record US fine on privacy violations: Report
- India’s data must be controlled by Indians, not by global corporates: Mukesh Ambani on data colonisation
- How new TRAI rules will change your Airtel DTH, Tata Sky, Dish TV plans in 2019. List of all charges
- Mukesh Ambani vs Jeff Bezos set to begin from Gujarat
- Marco Pierre White: ‘Chefs are not geniuses or artists, they are just workers’
Editor's Picks »
- What to expect from Q3 results of IndiGo, SpiceJet, Jet Airways
- Forget privatisation, govt has hugged its banks tighter
- Flat profit, rising debt are growing worries for Reliance
- Q3 results: HUL growth off a high base shows it’s on a roll
- DCB Bank Q3 results: Small loans give big pain as farm, mortgages lift delinquencies