Reliance Infrastructure appoints MS Mehta as new CEO
MS Mehta will take over from Lalit Jalan who has been elevated as director (corporate strategy and affairs)
Mumbai: Reliance Infrastructure Ltd (R-Infra) on Monday named M.S. Mehta as chief executive officer (CEO) of the company, with effect from 7 July. He takes over from Lalit Jalan, who held the portfolio for over seven years, the company said in a statement.
The Anil Ambani-controlled company also elevated Jalan as director, corporate strategy and affairs, who will steer future growth initiatives.
Mehta is a mechanical engineer and an MBA from the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad.
R-Infra is an infrastructure company developing projects, through various special purpose vehicles (SPVs) in sectors such as roads, metro rail and cement. It also has presence in power generation, transmission, distribution and trading.
Editor's Picks »
- Nearly 60.50 lakh household toilets built under Swachh Bharat
- Kerala government in a spot over Sabarimala protests
- US markets: Futures dip on Apple concerns, China trade tensions
- Offshore India funds, ETFs see net outflow of $1.8 billion in Sept quarter
- Theresa May promises Indian IT firms fair post-Brexit chance