Tata Starbucks opens first Chennai store
The firm now has 50 operational outlets across five cities, and plans to enter Hyderabad later this year
- Jet Airways falls as Tata Sons tamps down deal speculation
- How a Noida-based IT firm allegedly duped a Silicon Valley company with ‘fake’ CVs
- Emaar India posts Rs 230.87 crore net loss in first half of FY19
- 3-day bank holiday this week in many cities. Check the dates
- SC upholds NCLAT order approving Ultra Tech’s revised bid
New Delhi: Tata Starbucks Ltd, the 50:50 joint venture between Starbucks Corp. and Tata Global Beverages Ltd, on Tuesday opened its first store in Chennai, taking the total number of the company’s outlets in India to 50.
“The opening of the 50th Starbucks store in India strongly reiterates our commitment to the Indian market for the long-term,” said a statement by John Culver, group president, Starbucks Coffee China and Asia Pacific, channel development and emerging brands.
The company, which now has stores operational across five cities, will continue to open more stores and grow in the market, Tata Starbucks said.
“We are thrilled to celebrate the opening of our 50th store in India and extend our unique Starbucks experience to the coffee lovers of Chennai,” chief executive officer Avani Davda said.
The company said it will enter Hyderabad later this year.
Starbucks entered the Indian market in October 2012 and currently operates stores across Mumbai, Delhi NCR, Pune, Bengaluru and Chennai.