Hyundai sales up 8.5% in January at 56,216 units
Hyundai’s domestic sales rises by 8.3% to 45,508 units last month as compared to 42,017 units in January 2017
New Delhi: Hyundai Motor India Ltd (HMIL) on Thursday reported a 8.5% increase in total sales at 56,216 units in January. The company had sold 51,834 units in January last year, HMIL said in a statement.
Domestic sales of the company rose by 8.3% to 45,508 units last month as compared to 42,017 units in January 2017. Exports grew by 9.1% last month at 10,708 units as against 9,817 units in January last year.
“2018 has started on a positive note and promises progressive growth for the industry, with Hyundai volume growth of 8.3% on strong performance of Grand i10, Elite i20, Creta and Next Gen Verna meeting customer aspirations on improved buying potential, led by stable micro economic factors,” HMIL director-sales and marketing Rakesh Srivastava said.
Editor's Picks »
- India’s renewable energy sector hits a milestone but loses speed
- All eyes now on share swap ratio in this mega bank merger
- Jet Privilege can actually get higher valuation than Jet Airways
- Profitability of cement firms to take a hit due to weak prices, high costs
- Pidilite’s shares hold their ground despite weak rupee and rising crude