Hyundai sales up 8.5% in January at 56,216 units
Hyundai’s domestic sales rises by 8.3% to 45,508 units last month as compared to 42,017 units in January 2017
New Delhi: Hyundai Motor India Ltd (HMIL) on Thursday reported a 8.5% increase in total sales at 56,216 units in January. The company had sold 51,834 units in January last year, HMIL said in a statement.
Domestic sales of the company rose by 8.3% to 45,508 units last month as compared to 42,017 units in January 2017. Exports grew by 9.1% last month at 10,708 units as against 9,817 units in January last year.
“2018 has started on a positive note and promises progressive growth for the industry, with Hyundai volume growth of 8.3% on strong performance of Grand i10, Elite i20, Creta and Next Gen Verna meeting customer aspirations on improved buying potential, led by stable micro economic factors,” HMIL director-sales and marketing Rakesh Srivastava said.
- RBI slaps Rs 1 crore fine on Indian Bank for violating cyber security norms
- OweMe raises $1 million in seed round from Pi Ventures
- Petrol, diesel prices cut again today, down Rs 11-Rs 14 a litre in two months
- Aavishkaar sells 25% stake to US pension fund TIAA’s Nuveen
- iPhone ban in China may push Apple, Qualcomm toward settlement
Editor's Picks »
- Steel stocks get winter chill as China demand issues resurface
- Why Uday Kotak’s defiance is scaring his bank’s investors
- Exit RBI governor Urjit Patel, enter wrath of the markets?
- The government has a troubling message for minority shareholders
- Opec-allies’ output cut may not amount to big shift in oil prices