Ultratech Cement Q3 profit falls 23% to Rs456 crore on raw material price rise
Ultratech Cement’s profit fell to Rs456 crore for the quarter ended 31 December, from Rs595 crore a year ago
Bengaluru: India’s UltraTech Cement Ltd, part of the Aditya Birla Group, on Thursday posted a 23% drop in third-quarter profit, hurt by rising pet coke and coal prices.
Profit fell to Rs456 crore ($71.4 million) for the quarter ended 31 December, from Rs595 crore a year ago, the company said.
Quarterly performance was also hurt by the ban of pet coke usage in some states, the company added.
However, net sales rose to Rs7,897 crore from Rs5,927 crore.
Analysts on average had expected a consolidated net profit of Rs449 crore, according to Thomson Reuters data. Reuters
- Best tech companies to work in India has a govt organisation in top 10
- WPP to spend £300 million in restructuring over three years
- RBI slaps Rs 1 crore fine on Indian Bank for violating cyber security norms
- OweMe raises $1 million in seed round from Pi Ventures
- Petrol, diesel prices cut again today, down Rs 11-Rs 14 a litre in two months
Editor's Picks »
- Steel stocks get winter chill as China demand issues resurface
- Why Uday Kotak’s defiance is scaring his bank’s investors
- Exit RBI governor Urjit Patel, enter wrath of the markets?
- The government has a troubling message for minority shareholders
- Opec-allies’ output cut may not amount to big shift in oil prices