Ultratech Cement Q3 profit falls 23% to Rs456 crore on raw material price rise
Bengaluru: India’s UltraTech Cement Ltd, part of the Aditya Birla Group, on Thursday posted a 23% drop in third-quarter profit, hurt by rising pet coke and coal prices.
Profit fell to Rs456 crore ($71.4 million) for the quarter ended 31 December, from Rs595 crore a year ago, the company said.
Quarterly performance was also hurt by the ban of pet coke usage in some states, the company added.
However, net sales rose to Rs7,897 crore from Rs5,927 crore.
Analysts on average had expected a consolidated net profit of Rs449 crore, according to Thomson Reuters data. Reuters
- India ride-hailing firm Jugnoo eyes Singapore as Uber drives off
- GST Council to meet on 4 May, simplifying returns on agenda
- UltraTech Cement Q4 profit falls 39% to Rs446 crore
- Govt hikes raw jute MSP by Rs200 to Rs3,700 per quintal for 2018-19
- Bharti Infratel board reappoints Akhil Kumar Gupta as executive chairman