L&T shares surge nearly 4% after Q3 earnings
Larsen and Toubro (L&T) shares surge nearly 4% after the company reported a 48.41% jump in consolidated net profit for the December quarter
New Delhi: Shares of Larsen and Toubro (L&T) on Thursday surged nearly 4% after the company reported a 48.41% jump in consolidated net profit for the third quarter ended 31 December 2017.
The stock gained 3.74% to touch its one-year high of Rs1,469.60 on BSE. Similarly, shares of the company went up by 3.77% to Rs1,470 on NSE.
The infrastructure giant on Wednesday reported 48.41% jump in consolidated net profit at Rs1,618 crore for the third quarter ended 31 December 2017. It had posted a net profit of Rs1,090 crore in October-December quarter in the year-ago period, L&T said in a filing to the BSE.
L&T’s total income was up 9.03% during the quarter under review at Rs28,960.36 crore, against Rs26,561.25 crore in the corresponding quarter.
- Gold prices fall Rs105 on global cues, weak demand
- Tata Communications, Arvind to move out from NSE’s Nifty Midcap 50 index
- EPFO notifies 8.55% interest rate on PF for 2017-18, lowest in 5 years
- Gold prices surge Rs350 on global cues, high demand
- As Singapore and India fight over futures, investor worries grow
Editor's Picks »
- Motherson Sumi continues to face margin pressure in foreign markets
- What the Warren Buffett indicator tells us about market valuations today
- Jet Airways lands with a thud in Q4 as fuel costs increase
- IBC amendments: Some dilutions, and a lot more speed
- Patanjali’s gambit is paying off in toothpaste wars