L&T shares surge nearly 4% after Q3 earnings
Larsen and Toubro (L&T) shares surge nearly 4% after the company reported a 48.41% jump in consolidated net profit for the December quarter
New Delhi: Shares of Larsen and Toubro (L&T) on Thursday surged nearly 4% after the company reported a 48.41% jump in consolidated net profit for the third quarter ended 31 December 2017.
The stock gained 3.74% to touch its one-year high of Rs1,469.60 on BSE. Similarly, shares of the company went up by 3.77% to Rs1,470 on NSE.
The infrastructure giant on Wednesday reported 48.41% jump in consolidated net profit at Rs1,618 crore for the third quarter ended 31 December 2017. It had posted a net profit of Rs1,090 crore in October-December quarter in the year-ago period, L&T said in a filing to the BSE.
L&T’s total income was up 9.03% during the quarter under review at Rs28,960.36 crore, against Rs26,561.25 crore in the corresponding quarter.
- NBFCs face big test as Rs 1.2 lakh crore repayment comes due
- Deals Buzz: Tiger Global raises $3.75 billion for new venture fund
- Mark Mobius says India can reap benefits of weaker rupee
- Oil prices fall as Saudi Arabia pledges to play ‘responsible role’ in market
- Bank FDs vs gold vs stocks: How much you would have earned
Editor's Picks »
- ‘Himalayan Viagra’ under threat from climate change: researchers
- Special CBI director Asthana moves HC on FIR against him in bribery case
- India summons Pak diplomat
- Paytm says consumer data safe after founder Vijay Shekhar Sharma’s personal data stolen
- Jet Airways seeks loan moratorium to ease cash crunch
- Hindustan Zinc dividend payout offsets dull Q2 results
- Q2 results no blockbuster for Inox Leisure as margins disappoint
- NBFC scare shaves 8.5% of IndusInd Bank share price
- Q2 results portent a dull Diwali for paint stocks investors
- Reliance Jio seen overtaking Vodafone Idea, Airtel to become India’s largest telecom firm by 2018-end