AirAsia India appoints ex-IndiGo Sanjay Kumar as COO
Sanjay Kumar, whose previous assignment was with IndiGo as chief commercial officer, has over 25 years of experience in the aviation industry
Mumbai: AirAsia India has appointed former IndiGo executive Sanjay Kumar as its chief operating officer (COO) with effect from 3 December.
Kumar, whose previous assignment was with IndiGo as chief commercial officer, has over 25 years of experience in the aviation industry.
“We are thrilled to welcome Sanjay to the AirAsia India leadership team. He joins us at a time when the airline is in a growth momentum with an aim to venture forward in international operations,” AirAsia India chairman S Ramadorai said in a statement.
AirAsia India is a joint venture between Tata Sons Limited (49%), AirAsia investment Limited (49%), R Venkataramanan (1.5%) and S Ramadorai (0.5%).
The airline, which is under the scanner of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) for allegations of financial irregularities and illegal lobbying, had a domestic market share of 4.4% in September.
Earlier, AirAsia India announced the appointment of Sunil Bhaskaran, a Tata Group veteran, as managing director.
- Wipro announces 1:3 bonus; Q3 net profit rises 30%
- RIL to invest Rs 3 lakh crore in Gujarat in next 10 years : Mukesh Ambani
- Carlos Ghosn received $9 million improperly from Nissan-Mitsubishi JV
- RIL gains 3.5% on continued strong petchem, retial and telecom operations
- Reliance Retail, Jio to launch new e-commerce platform
Editor's Picks »
- What to expect from Q3 results of IndiGo, SpiceJet, Jet Airways
- Forget privatisation, govt has hugged its banks tighter
- Flat profit, rising debt are growing worries for Reliance
- Q3 results: HUL growth off a high base shows it’s on a roll
- DCB Bank Q3 results: Small loans give big pain as farm, mortgages lift delinquencies